We want our new patients to out of pain as soon as possible. It is our policy to strive to see all new patients within 24 to 48 from initial contact. For some, same day appointments will be available.
What to bring to your first visit:
- Insurance card
- Drivers license or form of legal identification
- Referral (no referral, no problem)
- Your co-pay
- New patient forms
- Questions you want to be answered
How to prepare for your first visit:
- Wear or bring loose fitting, comfortable clothes so we can access the body part we are evaluating.
- Arrive 20-30 minutes early to fill out paperwork and discuss insurance coverage
You will be greeted by our friendly and helpful receptionist who will work with you to ensure all of your paperwork is completed. Next, one of our therapists will interview you to better understand your medical history and symptoms. Some of the questions you may be asked are the following:
- What types of symptoms are you experiencing?
- What aggravates and eases these symptoms?
- How long have you been having these symptoms?
- How did your symptoms start?
- Have you ever had physical therapy or other treatments before? If so, what was the result?
Following the interview, you will undergo a physical exam, where your therapist will examine your strength, mobility and flexibility to help determine the possible origins of your condition. The therapist will assess your overall condition and present to you how it will be treated. You will collaborate with the therapist on goals that you will achieve during your course of therapy. During this time together, we welcome questions and are happy to provide you with the details you may want to understand.
Treatment typically begins on the same day as your initial evaluation.
If deemed necessary by your therapist, a tailored home exercise program will be provided. It is essential to your recovery that you adhere to this program.
Before leaving, please check out with our receptionist and schedule your follow-up appointment. All copays are due when services are rendered.
Please note- Your appointment time is important to us. We understand that life events occasionally interfere with your scheduled appointment time. In the event that three documented “no-shows” and/or same-day cancellations occur you may be subject to discharge with a note to your referring physician. Patients that do not call prior to 24 hour scheduled appointment time are subject to a ns/cxl fee.